To invest in resources, to educate our staff and inform our guests on how we can make a positive change and choices which will benefit the environment.
We are committed in implementing change that will actively manage our environmental footprint and take specific action to minimize energy consumption, water consumption and reduce waste to landfill. We have and will continue to invest in operations and procedures.
We have an environmental plan with targets in place and we are compliant with all related legislation. We aim to minimize waste and water consumption wherever possible while promoting reuse and recycle operations.
In 2022, we reduced our energy usage by 10% and aim to reduce this further to 15% by the end of 2023.
The Newgrange Hotel are proud to be recognized as a Green Hospitality hotel and we welcome you to join our green journey during your stay with us.
• We have a monthly Green management meeting to analyse tour waste, electricity, gas, carbon and water consumption reductions
• We have installed LED lighting and motion sensors to reduce energy consumption
• Cardboard packaging, newspapers, magazines, glass, cans, plastic bottles, used light bulbs and batteries are all returned to our suppliers or collected for recycling
• Installed energy efficient LED lighting
• Installed energy Efficient Pumps
• Key card activation for electricity in bedrooms
• Created a Cusack Hotel Group Green team, responsible for green initiatives, training, policies and resources to employees
• We are looking to add more bike racks to encourage guest and staff to leave their cars parked
• All food waste is collected for composting
• We have a very popular bike to work scheme
• Solar Panels have been Installed
• No plastic straws or cups used in the group
• QR codes for menus and guests information
• Offering e invoice to guests on check out
• Email confirmation and correspondence to guests
• Responsible marketing using ezines and text messages
• Refill Irish toiletry products in guest rooms and public restrooms
• Takeaway coffee cups are 100% recyclable
• Donating and supporting charities, communities, sporting teams and events
• Upcycling of furniture during hotel renovations
• Using local suppliers and tradespersons
• The planting of flowers to encourage bees to visit on the roof top garden of the Newgrange Hotel
• Encouraging guests to reuse linen and towels during their stay
• Recycling bin in guest bedrooms
HOW YOU CAN HELP US AS A GUEST
During your stay we encourage you to make a green choice and help us to make a difference to our environment
• Remove key card when leaving your room, to turn off electric power
• Return key cards to reception on check out so they can be reused
• Avoid unnecessary or prolonged running of taps and showers
• Avoid running taps constantly when brushing teeth or shaving
• Avoid leaving lights on when not required
• If you wish to re-use your towels, please place them on the hook at the back of your bathroom door
• Put all Recyclable materials in the bedroom bin and all other in the bathroom
• Hand in used batteries at reception and we will ensure they are recycled
Our Environmentail Policy
We are delighted to have achieved the Green Business Bronze, Silver and Gold Badge in 2023.
We are proud to have now incorporated sustainability into our HR, Purchasing and Marketing operations!
We have taken the time to look at our suppliers and form a green purchasing policy and incorporated our green ethos & goals into our recruitment & induction processes as well as auditing our business' social sustainability by interviewing our staff.
We are looking forward to this next chapter for Newgrange Hotel!