Top 5 Activities to put on the bucket list for Co Meath in 2018
The few days of glorious sunshine in April has really got us excited for the summer to get here. So on those dreary days in between we have come up with the top 5 activities to tick off your bucket list in Meath this year. All of these activities are based a short drive from The Newgrange Hotel in Co Meath also. Perfect for somewhere to stop for lunch on your roadtrip or even to stay the night when visiting Co Meath.
- 1. Take a walk up to the Hill of Tara. The Newgrange Hotel is a short 15 minute drive from this ancient site. On a good day, it is said you can see a quarter of the landscape of Ireland from here. It is best known as the seat of the High Kings of Ireland but it dates back to 3000 BC with its burial tombs. Where better to start an exploration of Irelands Ancient East.
- 2. Boyne Valley Activities: Based in Trim along the banks of the Boyne this kayaking company is well worth a visit. Located only 10 minute drive from the Newgrange Hotel, you will experience The Beautiful Boyne Valley by Kayak, taking in the sites of Trim Castle and the Boyne River.
- 3. Slane Distillery: The New Slane Distillery is situated just a 10 minute drive from the Newgrange Hotel on the outskirts of Slane, Co Meath. Situated in the 250 year old stables of Slane Castle estate, this distillery epitomises the Heritage and surrounding lands in Co Meath. A tour lasts one hour and there are whiskey tastings included!
- 4. Boyne Ramparts Walk: A stones throw from the Newgrange hotel you will find the Boyne Ramparts walk. This heritage walk follows the meandering Boyne River in Navan. If you are looking for a leisurely walk with no big hills to climb then this is the one for you. It is 8kms one way or 16 kms if you are feeling fit.
- 5. Rathbeggan Lakes: This amazing adventure park is just a 25 minute drive from the Newgrange Hotel and a perfect spot to bring the family. The park hosts a family adventure and heritage zone, a water zone (complete with swan pedalos), High King Tower zone and the bounce and Playground zone- something for all age groups.
So whether you are looking for activities as a couple, a group of friends or a family there is something for everyone in Co Meath. Check out our family packages that include park entrance for Rathbeggan lakes. Our friendly staff can book places in any of the other activities for you also. Start planning today and add to that bucket list for 2018.